Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SCP broken from 6.4.4.6 ?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  SCP broken from 6.4.4.6 ?

Posted Jun 14, 2016 05:24 AM

Hi!

Since my upgrade to 6.4.4.6 I have not been able to SCP anything to or from the controllers. Today I verified this with a 7005 on the desk. It was first on 6.4.2.3 and I could then upgrade it to 6.4.4.6 via SCP, after the successful upgrade I´m not able to download or upload files from the controller via SCP.

I also asked my friend to confirm in his lab and he´s seeing the same behaviour.

Anything we need to do on this code to make SCP work?

(Aruba7005) #copy scp: x.x.x.x user file flash: file
    Password:*********

Secure File Copy:....
    Error downloading file

(Aruba7005) #copy flash: file scp: x.x.x.x user file
    Password:*********

Secure file copy:....
    Error copying file:

Cheers,

• 2.  RE: SCP broken from 6.4.4.6 ?

Posted Jun 14, 2016 05:25 AM

I´m running a cable straight into the controller and copying from that VLAN interface. So no filtering in play.

Cheers,

• 3.  RE: SCP broken from 6.4.4.6 ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2016 06:52 AM

I think you should open a TAC case so that this can be tracked down in detail.  They will also want to know what SCP client/server you are using for this transaction.

• 4.  RE: SCP broken from 6.4.4.6 ?

Posted Jun 15, 2016 07:37 AM

I notified TAC when I had them on the line for another case. I´ll update this thread if I get any feedback on it.

Cheers,

• 5.  RE: SCP broken from 6.4.4.6 ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 07:44 AM

Thank you very much

• 6.  RE: SCP broken from 6.4.4.6 ?

Posted Jul 21, 2016 05:46 AM
    we might me running into a similar issue, although with a different version 6.4.2.8. did you get any reply on your case Christoffer?

• 7.  RE: SCP broken from 6.4.4.6 ?

Posted Jul 21, 2016 06:24 AM

Aruba TAC hasn´t been able to reproduce the issue. I´ve done it in three different environments. They´re right now trying with a flashbackup from one of my non-working setups.

I´m not seeing issues on 6.4.2.x though :/

Cheers,

• 8.  RE: SCP broken from 6.4.4.6 ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2016 08:56 AM

Can you check your SCP server log (your laptop or whatever it is) for any crypto mismatches that you may need to enable additional or new crypto support on your SCP target. There were a few security advosories out at the time of the release of 6.4.4.6 to cover findings from 6.4.4.4 and previous. it might help uncover the issue. I have the same thing on my mac that I haven't run to ground, but on my PC (with a proper SCP server) it works just fine.