Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SCP from a controller to a Mac

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  SCP from a controller to a Mac

Posted Oct 24, 2013 02:36 PM

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone has been able to successfully SCP files from a controller to a Mac? I have not had any luck so far. I have remote login enabled on my Mac and can SSH to my Mac from another PC. Not sure what I am missing. When I try to do an SCP file transfer from the controller it appears to start and then fails and shows "Error copying file". 

Not sure what I am missing. I know it's not the controller as it works with a Windows SCP server. I'm new to the Mac environment so I don't know the tricks of the trade so to speak.

• 2.  RE: SCP from a controller to a Mac

Posted Oct 25, 2013 02:18 PM
    SCP uses port 22 (SSH). If you've enabled remote login for SSH in turn it enables SCP.

Can you post your SCP command? Are you providing a username/password?

• 3.  RE: SCP from a controller to a Mac

Posted Oct 25, 2013 02:48 PM

I have run into this with Macs before.  Are you seeing PAM authentication errors in the system log on the Mac?  You can fix this by editing the /etc/sshd_config file on the Mac and enabling the PasswordAuthentication option. Change it from this:

#PasswordAuthentication no

to this:

PasswordAuthentication yes

and restart the SSHD service:

sudo launchctl stop com.openssh.sshd

• 4.  RE: SCP from a controller to a Mac

Posted Oct 25, 2013 03:35 PM

Thank you very much for the procedure. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the problem was. It worked like a charm. 

• 5.  RE: SCP from a controller to a Mac

Posted May 07, 2014 10:54 AM

Hello again,

I have a new Mac now and this process isn't working on it. Do you know if something changed in the Mac OSX 10.9.x? I have remote login enabled, all users allowed and I changed the ssh_config file. Still seeing the PAM messages.

Chris

• 6.  RE: SCP from a controller to a Mac

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 07, 2014 10:56 AM

satx71 did you restart sshd?

• 7.  RE: SCP from a controller to a Mac
    Best Answer

Posted May 07, 2014 10:58 AM

Hello,

I need to put on my dunce hat.... I was chaning the ssh_config not the sshd_config. Guess I need to get my glasses checked.. :)

Thanks anyway folks.