Wireless Access

Contributor II

SCP from a controller to a Mac

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone has been able to successfully SCP files from a controller to a Mac? I have not had any luck so far. I have remote login enabled on my Mac and can SSH to my Mac from another PC. Not sure what I am missing. When I try to do an SCP file transfer from the controller it appears to start and then fails and shows "Error copying file". 

Not sure what I am missing. I know it's not the controller as it works with a Windows SCP server. I'm new to the Mac environment so I don't know the tricks of the trade so to speak.

MVP

Re: SCP from a controller to a Mac

SCP uses port 22 (SSH). If you've enabled remote login for SSH in turn it enables SCP.

Can you post your SCP command? Are you providing a username/password?
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Frequent Contributor I

I have run into this with Macs before.  Are you seeing PAM authentication errors in the system log on the Mac?  You can fix this by editing the /etc/sshd_config file on the Mac and enabling the PasswordAuthentication option. Change it from this:

#PasswordAuthentication no

to this:

PasswordAuthentication yes

and restart the SSHD service:

sudo launchctl stop com.openssh.sshd

Contributor II

Thank you very much for the procedure. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the problem was. It worked like a charm. 

Contributor II

Hello again,

I have a new Mac now and this process isn't working on it. Do you know if something changed in the Mac OSX 10.9.x? I have remote login enabled, all users allowed and I changed the ssh_config file. Still seeing the PAM messages.

Chris

Guru Elite

satx71 did you restart sshd?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Hello,

I need to put on my dunce hat.... I was chaning the ssh_config not the sshd_config. Guess I need to get my glasses checked.. :)

Thanks anyway folks.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: