Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

SFP Ports Information

Hello,

I want to purchase the Mobiility controller 3600, i have some confusion.

1. How many 10/100/1000 BaseT Port built-in, as pe specification sheet it is 4 (True/False)
  2. Total SFP Port supported and How many built-in Gigabit Ethernet SFP Built-in Ports in 3600 Controller. (if SFP not built-in and purchase/order separetely then Please share it can support multi or single Mode.
  3. Please specify  which adaptor/Module/connector used for Single Mode and which Module is used Multi Mode. that' mean 1 complete setup for single mode or multi mode. Thanks

Thanks

Aruba Employee

Re: SFP Ports Information

Ishtiaq Haider wrote:

Hello,

I want to purchase the Mobiility controller 3600, i have some confusion.

1. How many 10/100/1000 BaseT Port built-in, as pe specification sheet it is 4 (True/False)
  2. Total SFP Port supported and How many built-in Gigabit Ethernet SFP Built-in Ports in 3600 Controller. (if SFP not built-in and purchase/order separetely then Please share it can support multi or single Mode.
  3. Please specify  which adaptor/Module/connector used for Single Mode and which Module is used Multi Mode. that' mean 1 complete setup for single mode or multi mode. Thanks

Thanks

The 3200/3400/3600 have 4 dual personality ports. This means that they can be either copper 10/100/1000 or SFP. The SFP are not included.

Single Mode SFP are usually designated LX. Multimode SFP are usually designated SX.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks zjennings for your sharp response,

As per you, SFP not built-in, if i go with multimode 4 port SFP and 4 Ports Gigabit Ethernet, can you help me to find the exact quantity of necessary item.

Aruba Employee

Yes, but you wont be able to use both the copper and SFP port at the same time. Like I said, it is either or.

So your configuration could be any one of the following:

4 SFP, no copper

3 SFP, 1 copper

2 SFP, 2 copper

1 SFP, 3 copper

no SFP, 4 copper

The part number for a Multi Mode Aruba SFP is SFP-SX.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: