Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SIP phone timeout

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  SIP phone timeout

Posted Sep 09, 2016 12:28 PM

We have spectralink 8400 phones at various locations that have been upgraded to Aruba wireless. 

Recently we've added a location that requires callers to be put on hold during record lookup. This usually takes over 30 seconds.

We are having a problem where the phone cannot retrieve a call that has been on hold for longer than 30 seconds. When the user presses the resume button, the button disappears but the call is not retrieved. Hold music will continue until around a minute and 10 seconds when the call is dropped.

This is only happening at Aruba locations which is leading us to believe that the stateful firewall is causing the session to drop after a certain time period. 

Any suggestions or knowledge into this situation?

• 2.  RE: SIP phone timeout

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 12:41 PM

I would enable user debugging for a test phone, put the phone on hold and see if the debug messages say anything about the call dropping.  That is the first thing that I would do.

• 3.  RE: SIP phone timeout

Posted Sep 09, 2016 03:10 PM

dont know if I'm doing this correct or not...

logging level debugging user-debug 00:90:7A:15:52:53

show log user-debug all | include 00:90:7A:15:52:53

I'm not getting any results on the master or the local where its connected...

• 4.  RE: SIP phone timeout

Posted Sep 09, 2016 03:12 PM

nevermind...

case sensitive. although it'd be nice if it wasn't...  

• 5.  RE: SIP phone timeout

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 05:20 PM

Type "show debug".

If that is the only mac address you enabled debugging for, "show log user-debug all" will only have debug information for that specific user; no need to filter