Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SNMP data from individual AP's?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  SNMP data from individual AP's?

Posted Dec 04, 2011 01:40 AM

Been looking into writing an Intermapper probe for monitoring our 105 access points.   When I try to do a snmpwalk on an AP, it doesn't respond. 

I searched the forum and didn't see anything jump out at me,  I also searched the knowledgebase - and found this. 

The AP SNMP agent is not present from ArubaOS 3.3.x forward. The agent was removed to make room for the AP image, which had become too large. We still have that option on the controller for future use.

Is that still the case?    If so the 6.1 documentation still references getting data from the AP directly. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: SNMP data from individual AP's?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2011 02:52 AM

For quite a few years, that has been the case, because it is structured that you can get even more information from the controller via SNMP.  On support.arubanetworks.com under documentation, there is a SNMP Mib guide that describes in detail what information you can obtain and what variables to poll.

• 3.  RE: SNMP data from individual AP's?

Posted Dec 04, 2011 01:40 PM

They might want to update the documentation then because in the latest MIB guide ( ArubaOS_6-1.1MG.pdf )  - 

Information from Any AP

wlsrConfigTable.1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.3.1.1.1.1

The following information can be retrieved from an AP:

Current configuration of SSID, Mode, Current Channel, Tx-Power, RTS Threshold, Retry Limit, Preamble, Beacon Interval, Power Mgmt, Load Balance, Supported Rates, DTIM Period, LMS Address, Encryption, Status, Ageout, MTU, Location, Hide SSID, Deny Broadcast, BG mode, Radio Chipset, Regulatory Domain, Country Code, and Tx Rates.

snmpwalk -v 2c -m ALL -c <community name> <AP IP addr> .1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.3.1.1.1.1

• 4.  RE: SNMP data from individual AP's?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2011 01:49 PM

Thank you.  We will have that checked.

• 5.  RE: SNMP data from individual AP's?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2011 04:19 AM

Thank you for flagging that.  We will have it removed in the next edition of posted documentation.