Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

SNMP data from individual AP's?

Been looking into writing an Intermapper probe for monitoring our 105 access points.   When I try to do a snmpwalk on an AP, it doesn't respond. 

I searched the forum and didn't see anything jump out at me,  I also searched the knowledgebase - and found this. 

The AP SNMP agent is not present from ArubaOS 3.3.x forward. The agent was removed to make room for the AP image, which had become too large. We still have that option on the controller for future use.

Is that still the case?    If so the 6.1 documentation still references getting data from the AP directly. 

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: SNMP data from individual AP's?

For quite a few years, that has been the case, because it is structured that you can get even more information from the controller via SNMP.  On support.arubanetworks.com under documentation, there is a SNMP Mib guide that describes in detail what information you can obtain and what variables to poll.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

They might want to update the documentation then because in the latest MIB guide ( ArubaOS_6-1.1MG.pdf )  - 

Information from Any AP

wlsrConfigTable.1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.3.1.1.1.1

The following information can be retrieved from an AP:

Current configuration of SSID, Mode, Current Channel, Tx-Power, RTS Threshold, Retry Limit, Preamble, Beacon Interval, Power Mgmt, Load Balance, Supported Rates, DTIM Period, LMS Address, Encryption, Status, Ageout, MTU, Location, Hide SSID, Deny Broadcast, BG mode, Radio Chipset, Regulatory Domain, Country Code, and Tx Rates.

snmpwalk -v 2c -m ALL -c <community name> <AP IP addr> .1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.3.1.1.1.1

Guru Elite

Thank you.  We will have that checked.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Thank you for flagging that.  We will have it removed in the next edition of posted documentation.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: