Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SNMP on AP-105

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  SNMP on AP-105

Posted Jul 31, 2012 05:19 PM

Spiceworks was recently installed to run inventory scans on our network.  When it scans our AP-105 access points it gives an error stating "No open ports for this device were found to be responding".

I've got the scan attempting to connect to the AP's via SNMP.  I setup a Read Community String on the controller and set the scan to use that string for the controller and all the AP's.  All the information from the controller is read correctly, but the AP's give the error above.

Is there any other setting in the AP configuration that I need to change?  The only mention of SNMP I could find was in the AP System Profile (SNMP sysContact) and on the AP Provisioning Page (SNMP System Location).  I've played around with those, but saw no change.

Could the AP's be scanned using any other protocol?  SSH, Telnet, etc?

• 2.  RE: SNMP on AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2012 12:22 AM

The APs do not have SNMP exposed.  You have to get all the information through the controller.

• 3.  RE: SNMP on AP-105

Posted Aug 01, 2012 09:16 AM

@cjoseph wrote:

The APs do not have SNMP exposed.  You have to get all the information through the controller.

What do I need to configure on the controller to relay the information about the AP's?

• 4.  RE: SNMP on AP-105
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2012 09:18 AM

Just an snmp read string.  Configuration> Management SNMP.  If Spiceworks is not reading the correct SNMP Mibs for Aruba, however, you might not get anything useful.

• 5.  RE: SNMP on AP-105

Posted Aug 01, 2012 11:30 AM

What MIBs are those?  I'm working with someone from Spiceworks and I'll let them know what they should be using.  Thanks.

• 6.  RE: SNMP on AP-105