Wireless Access

Contributor II

SNMP: wlsxAccessPointIsDown

We are using OpManger to monitor our SNMP traffic and when I added the Aruba MIBs, we started getting flooded with these messages (but for every AP we have on campus):

The trap is received from Aruba-Secondary.The trap details are as follows , apLocation=Bio-Rm.211-Hall apIpAddress=null

The trap is received from Aruba-Secondary.The trap details are as follows , apLocation=Bio-Rm.215-Hall apIpAddress=null

The trap is received from Aruba-Secondary.The trap details are as follows , apLocation=Bio-Rm.219-Hall apIpAddress=null

The trap is received from Aruba-Secondary.The trap details are as follows , apLocation=Bio-Rm.203-Hall apIpAddress=null

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the "apIpAddress"=null?  Any ideas on how to correct it?  I'm assuming that with the apIpAddress=null that's why the APs are sending the AccessPointisDown trap.

Guru Elite

Re: SNMP: wlsxAccessPointIsDown

Please open a TAC case so that they can replicate your issue.  There was a problem with this MIB in the distant past.   TAC should be able to tell you why you are getting it without the ip address.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

Re: SNMP: wlsxAccessPointIsDown

Thanks, Collin.  Will do.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: