Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SNMPv3 authorizationError

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  SNMPv3 authorizationError

Posted Sep 23, 2015 07:42 AM

Hi,
    I'm configuring SNMPv3 at controller. I already created user with appropriate credentials and trap receiver.
    But I have some issue. During testing from snmpwalk I'm getting next error:

Error in packet.
    Reason: authorizationError (access denied to that object)

What does it mean and how can I solve this problem? I'm using ArubaOS 6.3.1.13.

• 2.  RE: SNMPv3 authorizationError

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2015 07:46 AM

What command are you using to do the SNMPwalk?

• 3.  RE: SNMPv3 authorizationError

Posted Sep 23, 2015 07:49 AM

cjoseph, I'm using

snmpwalk -v3 -a sha -A 1234567890 -u test -x DES -X 1234567890 controller_ip_address sysName

controller config is:

(____) #show running-config | include snmp
    Building Configuration...
    netservice svc-snmp-trap udp 162
    netservice svc-snmp udp 161
    snmp-server community "public"
    snmp-server user "test" auth-prot sha ****** priv-prot des ******
    snmp-server enable trap
    snmp-server host controller_ip_address version 3 test engine-id 000039e7000000a1ac1b0017 udp-port 162

• 4.  RE: SNMPv3 authorizationError

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2015 08:35 AM

YuriyBozhko,

Here is what I did:

controller:

config t
    snmp-server user user1 auth-prot md5 password1 priv-prot aes password1

Linux box:

snmpwalk -v3 -l authpriv -u user1 -a MD5 -A password1 -x AES -X password1 192.168.1.3 system
    Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/diffserv.my)
    Group not found in module (ciscoLwappSysIgmpConfigGroup): At line 53 in /usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-LWAPP-SYS-CAPABILITY.my
    Bad timestamp format (11 or 13 characters) (2011122200000Z): At line 164 in /usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-LWAPP-PMIP-MIB.my
    Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (cLMobilityGroupRev01ConfigGroup): At line 1005 in /usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-LWAPP-MOBILITY-MIB.my
    Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/IP-MIB.my)
    Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-BULK-FILE-MIB.my)
    Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/hh3c-epon-device.mib)
    Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/opt/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/DISMAN-SCHEDULE-MIB.txt)
    Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/opt/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/DISMAN-EVENT-MIB.txt)

...snip....

• 5.  RE: SNMPv3 authorizationError

Posted Sep 23, 2015 08:59 AM

thank you, .
    I tried your config, and yes it works...
    But how can I communicate controller with AirWave?
    Should I use this user in Trap receivers (at controller) or just enter credentials in AirWave to poll device automatically?

• 6.  RE: SNMPv3 authorizationError
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2015 09:25 AM

Here is what I did for polling.  I used MD5 and DES:

On the Controller:

config t

snmp-server user "user1" auth-prot md5 password1  priv-prot AES password1

(on the controller use the commandline.  There seems to be a problem with entering SNMPv3 credentials on the GUI).

in Airwave:

v3.png

After doing that and saving, go back to the monitoring tab and click on poll now once:

v3v2.png

Keep refreshing the page and the status should show Up(ok) and the Last contacted should be the current time.  If the Status shows SNMP failed, go back and check your work.

If that is working, setup SNMPv3 Traps on Airwave and the controller by following the instructions here:  You can setup SNMP v3 traps on Airwave and the controller using the instructions here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/How-to-configure-traps-when-using-snmpv3-for-Airwave-and/ta-p/242731

• 7.  RE: SNMPv3 authorizationError

Posted Sep 23, 2015 09:37 AM

, thank you.
    To say the truth, I made all steps described by you. And finally YES, it works!!!
    I think, my problem was that I was doing all configuration in GUI...