Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied

Posted Dec 19, 2015 07:35 PM

Hello guys,

I am pretty new to Aruba, but I have worked with Cisco and Meru wireless in the past. I have configured two SSIDs for my network. I can ping the servers from my laptop which is connected to the wireless network I created. However, I can't manage my servers and my network equipment thru wireless. It seems like the Aruba is denying SSH and HTTPS. 

I could not figure this out today. Tomorrow (Sunday), I am going to work to bring this network up.

The reason that I know that the Aruba is denying the SSH and HTTPS is when I ran the command show datapath session table. I can see my laptop IPs and the port which is 22 in my case. The last column says FDYC. I also deleted the firewall-ip-snooping, but it didn't fix the issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

• 2.  RE: SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2015 07:37 PM
    What user-role is the device in? (show user-table)

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied

Posted Dec 20, 2015 09:30 AM
    It says the role is logon

• 4.  RE: SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2015 09:33 AM
    The logon role is typically used for captive portal pre-authentication. How are your clients authenticating now? What type of SSID is this?

• 5.  RE: SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied

Posted Dec 20, 2015 11:59 AM
    It is supposed to be for management. We don't have AAA since th network are being built.
    For now, it is PSK wpa2

• 6.  RE: SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied

Posted Dec 20, 2015 02:47 PM

make sure you get the authenticated role, then you have full access.

how do you create your ssid? wizard or by yourself?

• 7.  RE: SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2015 03:16 PM
    Change the initial role in your AAA profile to authenticated or a custom role.

Sent from Nine

• 8.  RE: SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied

Posted Dec 20, 2015 11:20 PM

Not the wizard. I created my SSIDs thru the AP Configuration.

Do I need to change the MAC and 802.1x from logon to authenticated or just the initial role for PSK?

• 9.  RE: SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2015 11:42 PM
    Just the initial.

Sent from Nine

• 10.  RE: SSH and HTTPS access between wireless station and servers is being denied

Posted Dec 22, 2015 03:29 PM
    I apologize for my late reply. This seems to fix my issues.