Wireless Access

MVP

SSID Basic and Transmit Rates

In an effort to further optimize a dense deployment, I recently trimmed 6 Mbps from the basic/transmit rates on the 5GHz side.  To my surprise, I'm still seeing frames transmitted at 6 Mbps in a packet capture.  I verified from the beacon frames that 6 Mbps has been trimmed.  The only frames I see transmitted at 6 Mbps are QoS Null frames.  I do not see any other data frames operating at 6 Mbps.  On the Aruba side, things are working as they should since 6 Mbps isn't being advertised as an available rate.  So I can only assume that this is normal operation; I just can't find anything that states QoS Null frames will always be transmitted at 6 Mbps even if it's not a supported data rate.  Just wanted to have confirmation of this.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Re: SSID Basic and Transmit Rates

You also have to modify the 802.11a-Beacon-Rate parameter in the SSID profile under Advanced.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Beacon rate was modified to 12 Mbps.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

I honestly don't know at what rate null data frames should be sent, or if it should adjust because the beacon rate has adjusted.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: