Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID bridge mode configuration

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  SSID bridge mode configuration

Posted Apr 19, 2016 01:34 PM
    Hi,
    I HV single 7210 controller AOS 6.4.4, AP 205 & 335 setup.
    Controller is installed at HO. AP installed at branch location. Branch and HO. connected through MPLS link. Branch & HO HV different IP subnet. AP gateway IP is branch router IP. AP is able to ping controller IP.
    I HV configured "Corp" SSID WITH DOT1X Auth, in bridge mode and assigned the the AP profile to respective branch AP. I want to avoid all branch traffic through controller except authentication.
    Can someone plz suggest solution for below issue?
    If controller goes down all AP reboots and I lost all existing wireless clients. It should not happen until and unless AP reboot or AP reauth expire.
    Plz suggest how I can achieve the same.

• 2.  RE: SSID bridge mode configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2016 01:41 PM

Explanations of options below.

• 3.  RE: SSID bridge mode configuration

Posted Apr 19, 2016 04:15 PM
    The same requirement working for my other customer.
    Is this new feature introduce in AOS?

• 4.  RE: SSID bridge mode configuration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2016 06:07 PM

There are two things that we could be talking about.  

- Wan or Authentication Survivability requires that a controller is at the WAN site but stays up.  Access to authentication servers is interrupted but connectivity continues:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Branch%20Office/Branch_Deploy_features.htm

- Remote AP in Persistent Mode will allow an AP that already is up and bridges 802.1x users to stay connected to the same AP when the controller goes down:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Remote_AP/Advanced_Configuration_O1.htm?Highlight=remote ap