Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

SSIDs not showing up.

Am I hitting a limit or could something else be going on? 

I have old 105s at my office, we've got newer IAPs out in the field but this is all we have for our stuff.  Sometimes I need to test things or make a network for one specifc and shortlived task. 

Right now I've got 5 Employee SSIDs and two Guest.  Out of that the last Employee SSID I've made will not show up.  I know that's a lot but as I've said I do a lot of testing and rework here.  I think all the beacons are default, the only thing I really change or the security and further restrictions.  I don't get an error or notice that things are not going to work it simply just does not show up.

I've been tring to figure out what was going on for a bit and just figured it out after I deleted a network. The other one doesn't start working right away, I kill it and recreated it, then it popped up after syncing to the other IAPs in the building (5 total)  I also tested disabling other SSIDs and that has no effect, if they exist at all that next SSID just doesn't end up broadcasting.  Right now I only have 3 of the 7 networks active and only two are seen as the last one is the missing one.

Any additional info needed just ask.

Regular Contributor II

Re: SSIDs not showing up.

Hi

Which version are you on?

The 105’s support the latest 6.4

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Aruba Employee

As far as I'm aware, the IAP-105 supports 8 SSIDs per radio, for a maximum of 16 per AP. You're close to the limit.

From the CLI, what does "show ap bss-table" return for your active SSIDs? Also, what version of Instant are you running?

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Regular Contributor II

Hi

Did you recently add and remove ssid’s?

If you hit the limit of 8 and went beyond I can image that the AP-105 is running out of mac addresses for the bssid’s. As you know each ssid gets a bssid MAC address on the radio. If you first add the 8&9 ssid and then remove the 5&6 I can image that the 105 is not able to handle that, maybe after a reboot.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: