Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSL - How do I Import a Private Key

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  SSL - How do I Import a Private Key

Posted Oct 14, 2018 04:48 AM

I am setting up SAN SSL certificates for a pair of 7200's controllers running as master/master. 

I created the CSR's for offline (outside of the controllers) using Open SSL. As the certificate has been created offline I need to import the private keys, and the intermediary certificate into the controllers. 

I have  the following two questions that I hope the forum can help me with :

1. How do I import a private key into a controller? There isn’t an option in the GUI to import private keys, nor can I find any documentation to import private keys via CLI commands
    2. Adding an intermediary certificate – Can I copy the intermediary certificate into the SAN certificate? Would this work correctly within an Aruba Controller?

KR

• 2.  RE: SSL - How do I Import a Private Key
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 14, 2018 05:24 AM

The private key needs to be bundled with the cert that you import.  Easiest thing to do is to convert the cert and intermediates into pem format and then chain them together into one file.

The order should be cert--intermediate1--intermediate2--privkey

When importing enter the private key password if there is one.

• 3.  RE: SSL - How do I Import a Private Key

Posted Oct 14, 2018 06:20 AM

Thank you for the solution.

Much appreciated!

@Michael_Clarke wrote:

The private key needs to be bundled with the cert that you import.  Easiest thing to do is to convert the cert and intermediates into pem format and then chain them together into one file.

@Michael_Clarke wrote: