Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Samsung Galaxy and Band Steering

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Samsung Galaxy and Band Steering

Posted Jul 23, 2014 08:01 PM

Has anyone encountered a workaround regarding samsung Galaxy with the band steering issue???

I mean it´s sad that you have to disable band steering because of it and affect everyone just cause sansumg galaxy doesn`t like the band steering.

Does anyone know how does it work with ClientMatch? Does the Samsung galaxy S4 allow the clientmatch steer the client to 5ghz withtout issues ? or it happens the same as when you have band steering on?

It`s just that I got many clients with a few top users that have this cellphone.   We have to disable the band steering; because of this, it affects everyone.

How do you guys deal with this?

Cheers

Carlos 

• 2.  RE: Samsung Galaxy and Band Steering

Posted Jul 23, 2014 08:42 PM
    I have a couple users with S4's and client match on my internal wireless (AP-225s) and haven't seen any issues thus far.

• 3.  RE: Samsung Galaxy and Band Steering

Posted Jul 23, 2014 11:21 PM

Thanks for your feedback.

I just did a deployment today with  25 APs 225s

We are adding to this client  AP 225 in new Areas.   Let see what happens!

I did upgrade to the lastest version so now they do have clientmatch.

Tomorrow we should have some users with S4, so let see what happens.

But still any feedback is welcome, so keep them coming!

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Samsung Galaxy and Band Steering

Posted Jul 24, 2014 08:22 AM

Carlos,

What problems are you seeing with the phones?

• 5.  RE: Samsung Galaxy and Band Steering

Posted Jul 24, 2014 08:54 AM

This had happened before and the fix is always disabling band steering.

Last time i tried troublehsooting it i remenber that it connected but then it had some authentication error suddenly, and then i disable band steering and the problems was gone.

As far i have read on the forum this is a known issue of Sasung Galaxy and Band Steering.

Like i said on the tread yesterday i did a implementation of 25 APs 225s, the client told me that they got a few  S4, so i will see how it goes with it and yes those that got the S4s, and S3s are TOP users in the company, i mean Directors, Managers, VPs 

I do have enable ClientMatch.   Let see what happens!

Cheers

Carlos

• 6.  RE: Samsung Galaxy and Band Steering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2014 11:18 AM

Nightshade1,

The Clientmatch mechanism and the Band Steering mechanism are different.  Band Steering only occurs on association.  The clientmatch algorith is done even when a client is associated.  If you have Clientmatch enabled in ARM profile, the Band Steering parameter in all the VAPs is ignored.  The only exception is if it is a non-802.11n AP; non-802.11n APs do not run clientmatch and will run bandsteering, instead.

• 7.  RE: Samsung Galaxy and Band Steering

Posted Jul 24, 2014 11:12 PM

Hello Collin

Thanks for the information

So far the client has not tell me anything about this, lets hope everything works fine :)

Cheers

Carlos

• 8.  RE: Samsung Galaxy and Band Steering

Posted Jul 15, 2020 12:22 AM

Band steering not working with Iphonex and samsung note 9...

Active and 11k capable, But failed 11k is prohibited.

what should i do to overcome this issue .