Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Schedule Aruba AP auto power shut down...

I have an Aruba controller – Model:  Aruba650 / OS Version: 6.1.3.13. I want to schedule my APs to turn off after office hours to save power consumption. Can I achieve this using my existing setup…

Do I have to do additional configurations?

Re: Schedule Aruba AP auto power shut down...

hi Nilanka.Costa

There is currently no such option in the controller, you could use some sort of script to log in and turn off the VAPs during the night, but I have never seen anyone actually perform any analysis of the power saved. Mind you, If you were going to automate the turn on/off of vaps, you may as well connect to the edge switch and turn off the POE directly to achieve a full shut down.

regards

-jeff

Occasional Contributor II

I had similar requests before and was always wondering how well it is to the hardware (AP and also PoE Switch) if you turn them off and on on a daily basis. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Stefan

Frequent Contributor II

[ Edited ]

I have a client who has a mobile site that is moved weekly. The site is up 4 days a week every night the site is shutdown, hard shutdown by turning off the generators. Ap’s don’t see seem to be bothered by this at all, switches (which are not Aruba switch) don’t seem to like it. They have been running this way for 8 months now no loss of a capmus ap (AP115)

David Dipert
Super Contributor I

If you have Aruba switch you can turn off the power on each of the port.

Normal Guy
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: