Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

School Deplyment AP suggest?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  School Deplyment AP suggest?

Posted Jun 20, 2013 01:41 AM

Hi.

I have a project that involve a wireles network for students, they are 500 hungry users with wireless devices, tablets, smartphones, etc.

But we are not going to have 500 at the same time, maximum we can have 250 being paranoid, because we are going to protect the network with www.pfsense.org, setup a web proxy with squid+squidguard, we are going to open FB, YOUTUBE and other heavy domains at school break only(hour), this is the reason we are not going to have 500 user at the same time.

Someone at pfsense forum point your brand, this is the reasons I'm here.

I need AP that can support this amount of users connected at the same time, maybe with 1 or 2 or 3 AP can I serve this hungry students, what I don't want to hear is complaints from user related to:

--don't let me connect.

--is kicking me off

And latter detect that we reach AP limits.

Need a product that help server this network.

The size of the school is about 130ftx130ft, just 1 4 floor building.

I don't see any thing that could affect the wireless signal, they don't have CNC machine or other heavy equipment that produce noise.

What AP can help me and what are there limits?

Thanks!!!

• 2.  RE: School Deplyment AP suggest?

Posted Jun 20, 2013 07:08 AM

Hi,

I would suggest you go for either the Aruba 130 series or the 220 series (gived you the option of 802.11ac for future proofing). These should give you the best performance in the enviroment you describe.

I have attached the data sheets for the 130 & 220 series of access points along with some documention on AP load tests and some tech brief's for some of the Aruba features which should help given the high demand placed on the wireless in the enviroment you describe. 

The load tests were carried out to compair the performance of the 135's againts a similar Cisco unit. While it is primarily a comparison of the two units the test results for the 135's should give you an idea of their performance under load. 

Hope this helps.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    TB_Wi-Fi_Benchmark.pdf   1.16 MB 1 version
    pdf
    TR_StickyClients.pdf   1.42 MB 1 version
    pdf
    TB_ClientMatch.pdf   1.02 MB 1 version
    pdf
    TB_ARM.pdf   746 KB 1 version
    pdf
    DS_AP130Series.pdf   825 KB 1 version
    pdf
    DS_AP220Series.pdf   1.14 MB 1 version

• 3.  RE: School Deplyment AP suggest?

Posted Jun 20, 2013 11:23 AM

Thanks michaelb, I will need 1 device or more than 1 for my deployment?

• 4.  RE: School Deplyment AP suggest?

Posted Jun 20, 2013 11:35 AM

If you want full coverage throught the schools I would recommend more than 1 but without knowing the internal layout I can't give you an exact number. My suggestion would be to run an RF plan using Aruba RF planning tool, that way you can get an idea of the coverage and speed you will get and be able to plan the AP's locations accordingly.

go to www.support.arubanetworks.com and log in using the same details you use for this forum. From the options at the top delect software download. Then you will see a folder list on the laft of the screen, expand AirWave and then click on Visual RF Plan. Download and install the software (you can find videos on how to use it on youtube) and that should allow you to plan the best positions for the AP's and give you an idea of how many you need ect.

Airheads.PNG

• 5.  RE: School Deplyment AP suggest?

Posted Jul 01, 2013 04:53 PM

Because I don't any product yet register I cannot download that app, where else I can get it?

Thanks.