Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Separating down device trigger emails to 1 email per device

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Separating down device trigger emails to 1 email per device

Posted Jan 03, 2013 11:24 AM

I am trying to reduce the number of devices listed in the emails I am sending the help desk to one device per email.  As it is now I am getting sometime 30+ devices per email.  (I know that sounds like a lot but we have 1500 devices being minitored)

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Separating down device trigger emails to 1 email per device

Posted Jan 03, 2013 01:22 PM

Hi Evan,

As far as I know, this cannot be done, if these devices are going offline at the same time, AMP groups them together.

You may possibly try creating multiple triggers in conjunction with different folders.

1 folder per floor which holds a certain amount of APs

Create a trigger for that folder

and so on...

If I am correct and this cannot be done, I would suggest posting this in the Ideas Portal to get it added as a feature request

• 3.  RE: Separating down device trigger emails to 1 email per device

Posted Jan 03, 2013 04:32 PM

Sure, 

I was thinking you could create an alert per group or folder but that would be a pain.

• 4.  RE: Separating down device trigger emails to 1 email per device

Posted Jan 04, 2013 08:44 AM

definitely a pain but unfortunately we are limited to that for now....

Maybe 'rgin' will chime in with a better response or other way to do it.

• 5.  RE: Separating down device trigger emails to 1 email per device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2013 05:05 PM

I'm going to need to look into this further, but it does fall into the feature request to be filed in the Ideas Portal.  If i'm understanding your usage case, you want to receive individual emails for each alert.  This is actually the inverse of the feature that was implemented in AMP 7.2 to have the alerts grouped.  Creating individual alerts for each device is the only current solution (which isn't reasonable for anything over 20 devices).  I'll look into other options.  My main concern that 30 down devices at a time seems like a lot.