Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Server Certificate on Controller

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Server Certificate on Controller

Posted Sep 27, 2013 11:37 PM

I have installed server certificate issued by my enterprise CA on my master controller, but, it is still showing the following certificate error " The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address".

need assistance.

thanks

• 2.  RE: Server Certificate on Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2013 11:39 PM
    Did you also install the root CA cert? You need the whole trust chain.
    You'll see options in the drop down box on the cert upload screen.

• 3.  RE: Server Certificate on Controller

Posted Sep 27, 2013 11:56 PM
    yeah, i have installed the root CA certificate thanks

• 4.  RE: Server Certificate on Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2013 12:01 AM
    Did you change the Web UI server cert under Configuration > Management > General?

• 5.  RE: Server Certificate on Controller

Posted Sep 28, 2013 12:13 AM

yup done. selected the latest one.

• 6.  RE: Server Certificate on Controller

Posted Sep 28, 2013 07:28 AM

That specific message means a mismatch in the name on the certifiate and the address you are using in the URL.  The common name of the certificate should match your DNS name for the controller.  For example.    CN=aruba-master.domain.com.    URL:  https://aruba-master.domain.com:4343

Can you confirm/compare the URL and the Common Name on the certificate (the Issued to: entry)?

You'll sometimes get one of the following:

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.  = Trust Issue
    The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.  = Name mismatch

• 7.  RE: Server Certificate on Controller

Posted Sep 29, 2013 11:41 PM

Thank you guys. It was my mistake, i was entering the ip address of the controller in the browser to login into it. when i used the DNS name, the error disappeared.

Thank you once again.