Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting a trigger up for an IP address when connected

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Setting a trigger up for an IP address when connected

Posted Jan 13, 2015 11:44 AM

I want to setup a trigger for when a certain IP connects to the network in AirWave. When I go in AirWave under System -> Triggers, when I choose connected clients it only allows me to enter a MAC address. I want to have it trigger when a certain IP connects.

We are running AirWave 8.0.6.1. The client was statically assigned.

• 2.  RE: Setting a trigger up for an IP address when connected

Posted Jan 13, 2015 12:27 PM
    if it was statically assigned , can you search in Airwave for the MAC address that had the IP address ?

• 3.  RE: Setting a trigger up for an IP address when connected

Posted Jan 13, 2015 12:44 PM
    or maybe setup a dhcp reservation and use the same trigger to fire off the mac

• 4.  RE: Setting a trigger up for an IP address when connected

Posted Jan 13, 2015 12:48 PM

The client does not go to a DHCP server at all. We want to see if it was an IP conflict with another device, which we would not know what the other device(s) are for MAC address.

For now we re-assigned a new IP to the client. But wanted to know if the other IP gets used.

• 5.  RE: Setting a trigger up for an IP address when connected

Posted Jan 13, 2015 01:00 PM
    If this is a wireless device attached to an Aruba controller You should consider enabling under AAA Profile enforce dhcp to avoid this issue

• 6.  RE: Setting a trigger up for an IP address when connected

Posted Jan 13, 2015 02:09 PM

The vendor that said not to use DHCP.

• 7.  RE: Setting a trigger up for an IP address when connected

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2015 03:25 PM

The current trigger only allows for a specific MAC address.  It'd be a good feature request to make if you want a trigger for client IP (something can probably be done that would be able to filter out network infrastructure IPs).