Wireless Access

New Contributor

Setting up APs to give out addresses

Admitted noob here. I am in the process of reconfiguring my Aruba 3600 controller for my school district. There was some sort of issue with the controller and I ended up resetting it to factory settings. I have gotten back to the point where my controller is set up and all of the APs are installed. My controller is on the 192.168.100 subnet and I have 9 other subnets that have APs on them (192.168.201-209). I am able to connect to the wireless network, but I get an address on the 100 subnet. The number of address on this subnet will be nowhere near the number need for my schoool district. My question is how do I go about getting my APs to give out different addresses than on the 100 subnet? Please let me know if you need more information and I wil try to get it.

Guru Elite

Re: Setting up APs to give out addresses

You have to edit the Virtual AP profile for that WLAN.  That will have the VLAN number that clients are put into.  You can also pool clients by specifying more than one VLAN (e.g. 100,200 or 100-150).

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I set up a VLAN of 10.1.0.0 (thats what was set up before). I created a test group of 3 APs and assigned them to VLAN virtual AP setting...I think. I went to AP Configuration, edit for my test group, under AP/Ethernet interface 0 port config I changed Access mode VLAN to my new VLAN and also Trunk mode native VLAN. I then ran the AP wizard for my 3 AP test group. I am able to connect to this test network, but I don't get a valid address. Are there addtional steps I need to take or am I going to the right place to edit the info I need to?

Guru Elite

No.  You edit the VIRTUAL AP profile under Wireles LAN, not the ethernet interface port config.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Hope this helps:

ap-group "Test"
enet1-port-profile "test-wired-port-profile-vlan10"

(controller) #show ap wired-ap-profile test-wired-access-vlan10

Wired AP profile "test-wired-access-vlan10"
------------------------------------------------
Parameter Value
--------- -----
Wired AP enable Enabled
Forward mode tunnel