Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting up APs to give out addresses

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Setting up APs to give out addresses

Posted Dec 12, 2012 05:52 AM

Admitted noob here. I am in the process of reconfiguring my Aruba 3600 controller for my school district. There was some sort of issue with the controller and I ended up resetting it to factory settings. I have gotten back to the point where my controller is set up and all of the APs are installed. My controller is on the 192.168.100 subnet and I have 9 other subnets that have APs on them (192.168.201-209). I am able to connect to the wireless network, but I get an address on the 100 subnet. The number of address on this subnet will be nowhere near the number need for my schoool district. My question is how do I go about getting my APs to give out different addresses than on the 100 subnet? Please let me know if you need more information and I wil try to get it.

• 2.  RE: Setting up APs to give out addresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2012 06:05 AM

You have to edit the Virtual AP profile for that WLAN.  That will have the VLAN number that clients are put into.  You can also pool clients by specifying more than one VLAN (e.g. 100,200 or 100-150).

• 3.  RE: Setting up APs to give out addresses

Posted Dec 12, 2012 06:46 AM

I set up a VLAN of 10.1.0.0 (thats what was set up before). I created a test group of 3 APs and assigned them to VLAN virtual AP setting...I think. I went to AP Configuration, edit for my test group, under AP/Ethernet interface 0 port config I changed Access mode VLAN to my new VLAN and also Trunk mode native VLAN. I then ran the AP wizard for my 3 AP test group. I am able to connect to this test network, but I don't get a valid address. Are there addtional steps I need to take or am I going to the right place to edit the info I need to?

• 4.  RE: Setting up APs to give out addresses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2012 07:05 AM

No.  You edit the VIRTUAL AP profile under Wireles LAN, not the ethernet interface port config.

• 5.  RE: Setting up APs to give out addresses

Posted Dec 12, 2012 10:20 AM

Hope this helps:

ap-group "Test"
    enet1-port-profile "test-wired-port-profile-vlan10"

(controller) #show ap wired-ap-profile test-wired-access-vlan10

Wired AP profile "test-wired-access-vlan10"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Parameter Value
    --------- -----
    Wired AP enable Enabled
    Forward mode tunnel