Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Should all APs in the same mobility domain be populated at the Master?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Should all APs in the same mobility domain be populated at the Master?

Posted Oct 16, 2012 11:28 AM

Hello all,

My mobility domain comprise of 3600 AOS 6.1.3.2 master and many local controllers that connect to the master via layer 2, Metro E, and MPLS.  They all work well, “show ap database” at the master will show all of the APs in the mobility domain; “show global-user-table list” at the master will display all wireless users.

I moved few controllers recently to a different subnet, so they will connect to the master via layer 3 with a router between them.  Everything seems to work normal,  at the master controller: “show switches” displays all controllers;  “show global-user-table list” displays all clients; but “show ap database” is no longer including the APs at the local controllers that associate to the master controllers via layer 3.

Normal behavior or am I missing something in the configuration?

Regards,

Trinh Nguyen

• 2.  RE: Should all APs in the same mobility domain be populated at the Master?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2012 01:26 PM

I would upgrade to 6.1.3.5.  There was an issue with the master controller not displaying all of the access points at locals.

• 3.  RE: Should all APs in the same mobility domain be populated at the Master?

Posted Oct 17, 2012 11:48 AM

I'll schedule the upgrade and post the result

• 4.  RE: Should all APs in the same mobility domain be populated at the Master?

Posted Nov 28, 2012 10:18 AM

Confirm!  AOS 6.1.3.5 works!  All APs from the local populated at the master