Wireless Access

New Contributor

Single IP subnet for clients of L2 cluster with NAT

Could someone, please, clarify me two questions regarding cluster of controllers running AOS8.

Cluster of 2 controller, L2 connected. Both controllers perfom a NAT/PAT function.
1. Can a clients be in the same IP subnet on both controllers or is it neccessary to divide it in two?
2. Is there a way to move failed controller's external IP to remaining controller or to share one external IP address on both controllers?

If there is a design guide that explain this in examples, please point it to me, because I haven't find any.

Re: Single IP subnet for clients of L2 cluster with NAT

- You shouldn’t have the clients subnet be on the same subnet as the controller to avoid issues from security and performance perspective .

- NAT is not supported for clustered controller in AOS 8

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
New Contributor

Thank you, Victor.

Probably I had to put a diagram to make myself clearer. It's better later than never. Diagram is in the attachment. Client's addresses are in different subnets.

If I'm going to use NAT function on a controllers I'll just use them without forming a cluster? Or is it not recommended?

Thank you in advance!

Alexander Suntsev.

Highlighted

If I'm going to use NAT function on a controllers I'll just use them without forming a cluster? Or is it not recommended?
NAT won’t work just because of how clustering behaves

If you really need the clustering feature then I suggest you have a separate controller or pair of controllers (not part of the cluster) handle your vpn connections

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: