Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Site Survey with Standalone AP

Hello,

I have configured a AP105 in RAP mode for a site survey and it comes up with the controller but when unplugged all I get is a quick green flashing light on the PWR.  any ideas?    thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: Site Survey with Standalone AP

Please check your steps with the document here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/70/465/1/Site-Survey+With+Standalone+AP+Cookbook+v3.3.1-and-above.pdf

You need to give it a static ip address, is the first thing off the top of my head.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi,

Thanks for the help....   That is the guide that I followed...   I do have a static IP of 192.168.20.2..  The AP shows vap aruba000 and 001 vlan is 1. not discovering tunnel vlan.   On the controller it shows up with and AP IP and outer AP IP.  Network summary shows IPSEC UP and do see SSID..... But when you unplug ap it will not come up and no SSID?   thanks!

Guru Elite

Is your Virtual AP RAP Mode Always?  "Not discovering Tunnel VLAN" is cosmetic.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Remote-AP Operation - always

Forwardmode - bridge

Guru Elite

Console log when it is booting up without the controller?

Colin Joseph

MVP

If you got an Instant AP you can survy with it.

Here is how.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/802-11n-Basics-RF-Design-and/Site-Survey-with-IAP-Manual/td-p/57274

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp

I was just going to log the output and the AP came up :)

The only thing different was the AP was connected to the controller longer before being unplugged..

When adjusting the power settings do you change the power on the radio profile?  I am guessing we would want to disable ARM somehow?  What would be a typical power setting for a Voice deployment on a site survey?

Thanks again!!!

Guru Elite

zildj wrote:

I was just going to log the output and the AP came up :)

The only thing different was the AP was connected to the controller longer before being unplugged..

When adjusting the power settings do you change the power on the radio profile?  I am guessing we would want to disable ARM somehow?  What would be a typical power setting for a Voice deployment on a site survey?

Thanks again!!!

Make the power 12 for a typical VOIP phone for both bands.  yes, change it in the radio profile.  It will not change channels when it is not connected to the controller.

Colin Joseph

Thanks

To disable arm do you just uncheck the scanning tab?

Then to set the power do you make min and max tx eirp the same?  or change the transmit eirp and TPC power under radio profile?

Does that number = the dbm power?  defualt setting being 15.    thx

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: