Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Skype4B visibility

Hi all,

I'm struggling to get visibility of Skype4B calls in my controller environment. I've upgraded to 6.4.4.4,  have followed the user-guide for 6.4.4.0 (p973 onwards) to define an ACL that classifies the media and have assigned this to the user-role. I see the client as a Skype4B client, but when I make a call from the client I do not see any call metrics.The client status is also 'idle' but 'registered' when I check the status of the client during the call.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Skype4B visibility

You need to install the Lync SDN API plugin for that to work.  Hueristics does not work for S4B.  Please see the document below:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/tg/SG_DeployMicrosoftLync.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Are you using the SDN API ?

You need to have this enabled in order to get the UCC visibility
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor II

No, no SDN at present. Our provider, for none technical reasons, was reluctant to implement this, instead wanting to offer a proprietary solution for call quality reporting. My big concern is without the SDN we lose visibility of the application on the network, and have nothing to challenge the provider with should there be a dispute regarding call quality and the root cause of this if they are not capturing metrics about the network medium,

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: