Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Slow connectivity on an AP 115 connecting on a 10/100 switch at 100 Full.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Slow connectivity on an AP 115 connecting on a 10/100 switch at 100 Full.

Posted Aug 28, 2014 02:58 PM

I cannot find any documentation of this.  I have been on the phone with the TAC for 4 hours.  Will an AP connecting on a 100/Full connection cause clients to experience 5% of what would "normally" be expected throughput?  File transfers on the gig/full connected AP move at around 9mb/sec, while those on the 100/Full connected AP move at around 300k/sec.

RF values look bacically identical.

• 2.  RE: Slow connectivity on an AP 115 connecting on a 10/100 switch at 100 Full.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2014 03:05 PM

See if there are any errors on the switch interface....

• 3.  RE: Slow connectivity on an AP 115 connecting on a 10/100 switch at 100 Full.

Posted Aug 28, 2014 03:10 PM

That's a good call and I was going to try that, but I had the client attempt a file transfer to another wireless client on a different 100/full connected AP inside the same environment (VERY large manufacturing facility).  The results were the same.  43 APs in this large building, all connected to 10/100 switch ports.

One of the switches has an available fiber port that is gig.  The client is going to install a copper sfp, connect the AP to that port and use a power injector to get the AP connected at gig/full, and then we're going to test again.

The TAC says they don't have any documentation regarding expected performance results when 10-15 clients are connecting to an AP which is on a 100/Full port.