Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Small Bandwith MPLS Branch Offices causes problems?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Small Bandwith MPLS Branch Offices causes problems?

Posted May 16, 2013 01:25 AM

Hello

in the last weeks we installed several new branch offices with campus aps (AP-105). The offices are connected to the company network via mpls network. the bandwith is 2mbit/s in both directions. We have a centralized Controller (Master/Standby) in our datacenter.
     The wireless ssid is there and the wireless notebooks are able to connect (802.1x certificate based connection). I can ping the notebooks but if they want to open a website on the company intranet it is not working. Browser connects and connects and connects...but nothing happens. Most of our employees are using citrix. The citrix session also does not work. As i mentioned, ping is working and also smb file transfer.

For me it looks like the tunnel cut of some data.

When i take such a notebook to my office in the central office (where the datacenter is located) it is working fine.

Does anybody have an idea?

Is there a problem concerning the bandwith? In the location there are up to 10 aps and 3 notebooks.

• 2.  RE: Small Bandwith MPLS Branch Offices causes problems?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2013 01:30 AM

In the AP-Group, find the AP system profile.  In the AP System profile there is an MTU parameter.  Try changing the MTU to 1100 and see if it works after the change.  The change should not hurt client on your regular WLAN, but might allow you to pass traffic over an MPLS network that might have a lowered MTU setting.

• 3.  RE: Small Bandwith MPLS Branch Offices causes problems?

Posted May 16, 2013 02:07 AM

Thanks for the very fast answere.

Is it the option "SAP MTU" located in AP System Profile?

• 4.  RE: Small Bandwith MPLS Branch Offices causes problems?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2013 02:08 AM
    Yes.

• 5.  RE: Small Bandwith MPLS Branch Offices causes problems?

Posted May 16, 2013 02:21 AM

Thanks I will try today.

• 6.  RE: Small Bandwith MPLS Branch Offices causes problems?

Posted May 16, 2013 05:02 AM

I tried with changing the MTU Size. At first as suggested with 1100 Bytes. The citrix connections worked directly.

So i thought it may work with 1400Bytes. And it worked too.

I think there 1400Bytes no other reason to shrink it to 1100. Am I right?

• 7.  RE: Small Bandwith MPLS Branch Offices causes problems?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2013 06:33 AM

Yes.