Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Solution for theatre room (500 people)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Solution for theatre room (500 people)

Posted Apr 13, 2016 05:33 AM

I have a customer looking to design a solution for two theatre rooms with approx 500 guests each. They want to supply wireless solution in order to broadcast subtitles to visitors' phones and possibly other (more) data in the future as well. 

How many and which access points should we consider? Is there any benefit with 225 over 215 if the data amount is not large?

• 2.  RE: Solution for theatre room (500 people)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2016 07:24 AM

The 225 is useful if you are having a large number of people attached to an AP.  Please see the High Density VRD here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/High-Density-Wireless-Networks-for-Auditoriums/ta-p/155578 for a detailed answer on how many and how to mount access points.

• 3.  RE: Solution for theatre room (500 people)

Posted Apr 18, 2016 05:58 PM

Make sure to base your deisgn on number of client devices. Many people have more than one device these days. The size and shape of the space are also factors. AP's should be spaced at minimum16 ft apart.

Mounting and orientation are very important.

• 4.  RE: Solution for theatre room (500 people)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2016 06:11 PM

Client Match should be supported across ALL Aruba 11ac AP platforms (to the best of my knoweldge, I'm not sure of the very very low end AP models) but we typically recommend AP-22x or AP-32x in these HD scenarios due to a very likely high user count per AP.