Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Some elements of Master/Local config out of sync (access policy)

Have a new pair of 7220's (running v6215) configured as Master/Local and the access policy/firewall on the local does not reflect what is configured on the Master.  I would expect changes made on the master to propogate to the local when applied/saved, which is certainly the case on our older 6000 setup. 

Other elements of the config appear to sync ok, and they are aware of each other.

Guru Elite

Re: Some elements of Master/Local config out of sync (access policy)

$k3l3t0r wrote:

Have a new pair of 7220's (running v6215) configured as Master/Local and the access policy/firewall on the local does not reflect what is configured on the Master.  I would expect changes made on the master to propogate to the local when applied/saved, which is certainly the case on our older 6000 setup. 

Other elements of the config appear to sync ok, and they are aware of each other.

Which elements?  There are some elements that are Global and Some elements that are local to the specific controller.

If you type "show switches" on the commandline of the master it will tell you who is in synch and who is not.   If you type "write mem" on the master controller it will synch your controllers.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

For example on our exisitng 6000 if I create a new firewall policy, then apply and save.. it pushes this down the the attached locals, this isnt happening on the 7220's, in fact the firewall config on the local looks like the bare out of box config.  Must point out, the 7220's isnt part of a live setup at the mo.. they are just being configured for testing etc...

Guru Elite

Do they all have firewall licenses?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Cant actually check right now, as Ive killed connectivity to the local, and will need a visit!  We had tech support in assisting with initial config, and I believe they installed licensing on the master and was told its not necessary on the local due to a new centralised licensing... 

Guru Elite

Centralized licensing is off by default, so you would have had to turn it on, on the master for it to flow to the local.  Please check this on the master.

Colin Joseph

Regular Contributor I

Having probs locating this on the master to enabel?? 

Contributor II

Hi

You'll need 6.3 and above for centralised licensing

Cheers

Regular Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Literally just this second found that out :-)

We had been told by Aruba that this was available in 6.2!  Hmm.. 6.3 is early release too... nice.. beta testing in corporate environment!

Contributor II

It's early release yes, but I have got a lot of customers using it. 

Maybe you could speak to your local SE and see if you can get an eval PEF license while you wait for 6.3 to go GA?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: