Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Some features missing after upgrade

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Some features missing after upgrade

Posted Mar 14, 2013 07:49 AM

Hello some month ago we upgraded our 3400 controller from 5.0.4.1 to 6.1.3.2. The upgrade worked well and in general terms all prioritary things ar working as usual. The new dashboard feature is gorgeous. But some monitor features stoped or were degradated with the update.

For instance on Monitoring > Voice > Voice status, with the prior version I had the live number of VoIP clients connected. Now this number is always 0. Here is a screenshoot to illustrate it.

NoVoipClients.JPG

There is also another problem with the degradation of the graphs we generate using snmp interrogation with cacti. Prior to the upgrade we were getting information like the number of clients connected to a certain SSID or the total number of calls done. Now this graphs seem incomplete. Seems that most of the times the aruba controller doesn't answer to the snmp queries. Here i show you some graphs before and after the upgrade.

Before the upgrade:

graph_imageOriginatedPRE.png

After the upgrade:

graph_imageOriginatedPOST.png

It would be perfect if somebody could give me any hint of what is happening and how can I solve it.

Thanks a lot.

• 2.  RE: Some features missing after upgrade

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 14, 2013 03:43 PM

I'm afraid I can't answer regarding the VOIP stuff, but did you upgrade the MIB's on your SNMP box as well?

• 3.  RE: Some features missing after upgrade

Posted Mar 15, 2013 11:30 AM

On the SNMP box i keep calling the same OIDs that i called before the upgrade. Some times the controller answer and some times i doesn't answer.

• 4.  RE: Some features missing after upgrade

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 15, 2013 04:05 PM

But the code has changed so therefore the MIBS may interprit the returned values differently.

• 5.  RE: Some features missing after upgrade

Posted Mar 18, 2013 11:37 AM

Hello Zalion0,

Following your hint, I've searched for the specific parameter that is showing the screenshoot example: voiceCallCtrsOrig. On the page 541 of arubaOS_5.0MG.pdf it appears as .1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.12.1.2.6 .And on page 601 of arubaos_6.1MG.pdf appears on page 601 as .1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.12.1.2.6 . So both have the same oid on different firmware versions. 

Thanks for your answer.