Wireless Access

New Contributor

Spanning tree issues on 6.1.2.5

Spanning Tree issue on 6.1.2.5 where the controller continues to send TCNs (topology change notifications even when connected to the network on a single link.

This issue is seen ONLY when the controller is connected to the network using FIBER uplinks. Anyone else seen this and is there a fix apart from turning off spanning tree

Aruba Employee

Re: Spanning tree issues on 6.1.2.5

That is odd. Did you open a TAC case? If so I would like to see that case number. I did see something kind of like that but didn't get to the bottom of it. 

Jenga

Guru Elite

Re: Spanning tree issues on 6.1.2.5

Tonyk-ALU wrote:

Spanning Tree issue on 6.1.2.5 where the controller continues to send TCNs (topology change notifications even when connected to the network on a single link.

This issue is seen ONLY when the controller is connected to the network using FIBER uplinks. Anyone else seen this and is there a fix apart from turning off spanning tree

Tonyk-ALU,

I believe that issue is fixed in 6.1.2.6.  Please check the release notes and test, if you can.

ArubaOS PVST+ now correctly interacts with and responds correctly to Cisco PVST+ topology change notification (TCN) BPDU.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: