Wireless Access

New Contributor

Spike in AP105 Failures

We are seeing a spike in AP105 failures on campus.  The APs are powered by both Cisco 2960Ss and Juicebox Midspan Power Injectors.  When an AP drops off-line it wont restart, even if power is cycled.  When brought back to the shop and power is applied the AP does not respond on the console port? 

Anyone else having problems with 105s?   It feels like a bad batch of parts.

...STeve

Guru Elite

Re: Spike in AP105 Failures

What version of code is this?

Do you have Hybrid Spectrum Enabled?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

On the master controller do the following : show log system all | include <device mac> it might give some information 

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
New Contributor

I think  Hybrid Spectrum is part of RF protect.  If so, yes.  As a matter of fact, we have four controllers and only one had RF Protect enabled for a demo.  All of the problem APs are associated with that controller.

...STeve

Guru Elite

sjmahler wrote:

I think  Hybrid Spectrum is part of RF protect.  If so, yes.  As a matter of fact, we have four controllers and only one had RF Protect enabled for a demo.  All of the problem APs are associated with that controller.

...STeve

Nevermind what I said.  Please open a support case so that they can troubleshoot.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Interesting reply.  Ticket was opened week before last.

Guru Elite

It would not help for me to guess what is going on. TAC is your best avenue. If you feel you are getting nowhere you can request to have the case escalated.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: