Wireless Access

MVP

SplitTunnel/Captive Portal - connectivity issues in Aruba deployments (diffrent AOS versions)

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Good evening,

lately i  noticed that Some android/mobile devices - getting an hard life to connect to Aruba (OPEN SSID) after disconnect and manually trying to connect.

Some general details:

*Tested on few Aruba OS - now it's on 6.2.1.5)

*OPEN SSID

*NO ENCRYPTION AT ALL

*THE DEVICE STUCK ON CONNECTING..For a while (it's only connecting good in the first time - if u try to manually disconnect/forget the ssid and then connect again ...It's just stuck on connecting... For a few minutes .And then try and try)

*SSID GOT NO BLACKLISTING ENABLED*

*ALL FIREWALL / DDOS OPTIONS ARE OFF*

*DHCP/DNS/ICMP/NNAT ALLOWED IN THE FIRST ROLE*

*PC'S got no issues at all*

if I'm looking on the user - i can see status - auth-assoc reason = 0 (What does it mean?)

other devices that aren't android/mobile devices (LAPTOPS) working like charm.

Tested on few Android devices (4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.4.2) - Samsung S3 NOTE2 NOTE3 S4 / other LG devices / Windows Mobile

Please advise.

Anyone else notice this kind of issue?

Have a gr8 week,

Me

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Guru Elite

Re: Android devices - connectivity issues in Aruba deployments (6.1.3.7/8/9/10 | 6.2.1.5 | 6.3.1.2)

Try to make Bandsteering "Prefer" instead of "Force 5ghz" and see if that changes anything.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: Android devices - connectivity issues in Aruba deployments (6.1.3.7/8/9/10 | 6.2.1.5 | 6.3.1.2)

Hi Hi.

it's AP-68 Units.
THE BAND STEERING IS OFF IN THE VAP , and it's on only G
Guru Elite

The AP 68 is a single stream access point. Does it occur when the access point is under load?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

I'm sitting in front of 1 unit - and i'am the only client :)
MVP

It's only happening on Android devices....

Guru Elite

User debug? On the dashboard, are there channel utilization numbers and noise (6.2 and above) for that access point?

Colin Joseph

MVP

0-15%...Im now sitting at my home. i been tested it also in our lab ...the channel usage is not the reason...laptops connecting fine...android devices connected fine...and if u trying to disconnect/forget the network and to connect agian..they just keep writing...connecting....getting an ip address...connecting...getting an ip address...forever. *AGIAN - ONLY ANDROID DEVICES*
MVP

Sounds like the same problem I am seeing (similar devices), and first noticed on 6.2.1.3 and still see on 6.3.1.2.  I suppose that's why you commented on my thread. :)

Do you see the client associated to an AP?

Is the client in the user table?

Does the client have an IP address?   If yes, does the default router have an ARP entry for it?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Kdisc98,

When you swap out the AP68 do you have the same issues? If you have a single stream access point paired with a single stream device like a smartphone, you are already at a disadvantage from an RF perspective. With that being said, we do not see AP68s in the field as much as all of the other access points, so of there is an issue, it would not have received much visibility.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: