Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Sponsored Guest - Receipt Page Timeout

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Sponsored Guest - Receipt Page Timeout

Posted Mar 12, 2018 04:02 PM

I have a customer that uses Sponsored Guest. On occasion, the Guest user will close the Captive Portal page while they wait for the Sponsor to approve the account. Soemtime this is due to the Sponsor taking a long time to get around to approving the account and sometimes they just close the page. This has led to frustrations from both the Guests and the Sponsors. The Guest due to having to complete the information more than once and the Sponsor due to the additional Sponsor request emails. 

I was going to suggest having the Guest receipt be emailed to the Guest however in these facilities, there is no cellular therfor they cannot check email without being on the network. I could open up SMTP on the Guest network but I am curious what others have done to address this situationj. 

• 2.  RE: Sponsored Guest - Receipt Page Timeout
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 14, 2018 04:44 AM
    In situations like this it might be worth changing the sponsor email address to be someone or a team of people who are more likely to activate the guests account more promptly.

Maybe a receptionist? A receptionist should be aware of which guests have arrived so are the prime candidate for this.

• 3.  RE: Sponsored Guest - Receipt Page Timeout

Posted Mar 14, 2018 07:47 AM

Thanks James. I suspected there wasnt a techinical way to solve this. I will discuss this with the customer. Thanks for the response. 

• 4.  RE: Sponsored Guest - Receipt Page Timeout

Posted May 23, 2018 03:53 AM

i can add one more input here regarding allowing the user to have a connection for 5 min for example so the guest will have the time to access his email and can download the receipt or sponser himself.

you can follow the below link to achieve this :

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-configure-self-sponsored-guest-access-with-5-minutes-of/ta-p/348126

regards

Mahmoud Refaat

Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!