Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Starting with ARUBA

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Starting with ARUBA

Posted May 17, 2017 03:15 PM

Hi all,

I am starting with ARUBA to better understand how it can be fully used.

TO start with I have invested in an old Mobility 3400,I am planning to get another one plus a couple of AP. Could you also suggest any cost effective AP?

I do understand that the feasible scenario will involve minimum 4 controller as master and local. But to get start with this I do work mainly with small to medium size company so no need to get bigger and complex, as long as security is in place I am happy with this.

Is that enought to get start with this product, minding at cost.

Thank you very much and regards

Darewin

• 2.  RE: Starting with ARUBA

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 17, 2017 03:29 PM

Take a look at the AP105's. These are going fairly cheap now, can work concurrently in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands, can be configured as a specturm monitor (providing you have a license) and can also be converted to a remote AP.

• 3.  RE: Starting with ARUBA

Posted May 17, 2017 04:11 PM

Thank you Zalion0,

as controller I am on the right directions?

Cheers

• 4.  RE: Starting with ARUBA

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 17, 2017 04:14 PM

Hey, yep the controller is a great model too. You're limited to ArubaOS 6.4 in terms of firmware but it is more than sufficient for learning. A good set of licenses would be AP Capacity, PEG-NG and RFProtect.

• 5.  RE: Starting with ARUBA

Posted May 17, 2017 04:19 PM

@zalion0

thank you for your help, I think I will focus on getting another controller and 1 AP105, just to play with redundancy and fail over. Obviously the next big thing is getting those licence.... if they still available.

My thought were to use the controller af firewall too, just to have a distributed load across the network.

Regards

Darewin

• 6.  RE: Starting with ARUBA
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2017 09:05 AM

Hi!

If I were you I´d try to invest in a 7005 controller. It can use any of the available firmwares which you´ll want to use if you´re going to do real deployments in the future.

As access points I´d invest in IAP207 or something similar (That way you can convert to controller based AP but also revert to Instant if you want to try something out in instant)

And also don´t forget licenses, AP, PEF are must haves for lab, RFProtect is nice to have to test those features to. Good luck and welcome to Airheads! :)

Cheers,