Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Static RAP inner IP address, multiple controllers

Is there any way to support a separate static inner IP address for a RAP using 2 different controllers?

I can specifiy a static inner IP on the RAP whitelist on the master controller, but I assume this means it would use the same address no matter what controller it connects to.

We can configure a RAP VPN pool with different addressing on each controller but we would like to use static IP addressing for monitoring purposes.

Guru Elite

Re: Static RAP inner IP address, multiple controllers

Even if the RAP could maintain the same nonroutable IP address, how would you tell the infrastructure that the same nonroutable IP address resides on one controller vs. another?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

I should clarify - we would like to be able to specify a different static inner-ip address for a given AP on 2 different local controllers.

From the GUI it looks like you can only specific a single static inner-ip in the RAP whitelist?

Guru Elite

Correct.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: