Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Student Intern Wireless Help

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Student Intern Wireless Help

Posted Feb 12, 2014 05:29 PM

We have just been assigned for our intern class to configure a 3200 Aruba Controller for the end product to give a wireless access point to a guest (similar to what the campus has), We were tossed in a class room with not much help. Me and my friend have connected to it through xshell4 and set up. What would the next steps be? they also gave us a cisco catalyst switch 3750. Thanks alot guys

• 2.  RE: Student Intern Wireless Help

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2014 05:32 PM

• 3.  RE: Student Intern Wireless Help

Posted Feb 12, 2014 06:03 PM

They told us to come to this website if we needed help with steps or anything else. Thanks for your respose. Im still lost of what to do next but i will figure it out.

• 4.  RE: Student Intern Wireless Help

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2014 07:19 PM

When you connect via console, are you being presented with the quick setup wizard?

• 5.  RE: Student Intern Wireless Help

Posted Feb 12, 2014 10:11 PM

No i do not. No wizard at all only thing i can connect so far to the aruba 3200 is through the shell. The network admin wiped the whole thing so we can start from scratch. So far i have only through the Shell set up the admin and password(basic stuff) i am not good with networking. (I think im supposed to configure ip address or set up my pc to connect with the 3200. Not sure though probably entirely wrong.)

• 6.  RE: Student Intern Wireless Help

EMPLOYEE

• 7.  RE: Student Intern Wireless Help

Posted Feb 25, 2014 05:45 AM

lol, easy way to run your classes, give the students some gear and point them to the vendor forum for help :)