Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Suspected Rogue/Intefering AP ?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Suspected Rogue/Intefering AP ?

Posted Jan 19, 2015 05:02 PM

Hi,

I have loaded a customer master controller with RFProtect license for WIPS. it is a 3600 controller , running the 6.4.2.3 OS ver. The environment has 1 master and 4 local controllers. I have configured centralized licensing., 

We tested with a SOHO Asus router plugged into the wired cat5 outlet on a wall and it showed up as an "Interfering AP" and not as a "suspected Rogue" . Is there any way for me to change the setting so that all such wired intrusions are categorized as "Suspected Rogues" ? 

• 2.  RE: Suspected Rogue/Intefering AP ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2015 05:19 PM
    Are your APs in dedicated subnets or user subnets? 

Do you have AirWave? Are your wired switched in AirWave? 

• 3.  RE: Suspected Rogue/Intefering AP ?

Posted Jan 19, 2015 05:22 PM

They are in user subnets. We are using Airwave. But it not configured yet for WIPS.

• 4.  RE: Suspected Rogue/Intefering AP ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2015 05:22 PM

• 5.  RE: Suspected Rogue/Intefering AP ?

Posted Jan 19, 2015 05:25 PM

It is on the same VLAN.  Else the controller would not even detect it - is my understanding correct ? 

• 6.  RE: Suspected Rogue/Intefering AP ?

• 7.  RE: Suspected Rogue/Intefering AP ?

Posted Jan 21, 2015 12:34 PM

Does anybody have any other ways to resolve this ? My customr is still facing the issue. A "suspected rogue" is showing up as an "interfering AP" and is allowing him access into the network. 

• 8.  RE: Suspected Rogue/Intefering AP ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2015 09:53 PM

@geetauday wrote:

It is on the same VLAN.  Else the controller would not even detect it - is my understanding correct ? 

if the rogue AP is in some vlan 10, and the controller and APs both have no connectivity to vlan 10 at layer 2 then it will be detected as interfering. If the controller and APs have visibility into vlan 10, even at layer 2 trunk level, this should promote it up to suspect-rogue at least.

please collect the output of

"show wms ap <bssid>"

"show wms rogue-ap <bssid>"         << won't work for interfering only

regards

-jeff