Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Testing out a ANT-3x3-D100 for outdoor wireless and have some questions. Please HELP!

Hello,

So we are currently testing the ANT-3x3-D100 for an outdoor wireless project. I created a makeshift stand out of some wood to attach the ANT-3x3-D100 to. It is then connected to an AP-124 (I had one laying around). The overall plan is to attach two ANT-3x3-D100's to an ap 274 one for 2.4 and one for 5.

1st Question - Will the AP-124 be able to handle the ANT-3x3-D100.

2nd Question - If so, what should I configure the external antenna gain to?

I can only find on the data sheet for the ANT-3x3-D100 Min 5dBi for both 2.4 and 5

(Im new to aruba Wireless)

Contributor II

Re: Testing out a ANT-3x3-D100 for outdoor wireless and have some questions. Please HELP!

Yes it should work fine. As far as gain is concerned, for this antenna type, you can configure a maximum of 5dBi for both 2.4 and 5GHz.

JayBee
ACDX | CCIE (RnS/SP,DC) | ACCP | ACMP | ACMA | JNCIS | JNCIA
If the provided solution resolves your issue, please mark it as accepted solution to help others.
Contributor II

Re: Testing out a ANT-3x3-D100 for outdoor wireless and have some questions. Please HELP!

Though it will work as 2x2 for AP-124.

JayBee
ACDX | CCIE (RnS/SP,DC) | ACCP | ACMP | ACMA | JNCIS | JNCIA
If the provided solution resolves your issue, please mark it as accepted solution to help others.
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for the quick responce! this is great news!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: