Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Posted May 01, 2014 06:30 AM

Hello 

I have a 3600 Aruba controller with 3.3 AOS when I added more than 128 license it gives me 

The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit [128]

I reboot the controller and still read 128 license and not more 

thanks in advance 

Regards

• 2.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Posted May 01, 2014 06:52 AM

In AOS version 3.3 u cannot add more than 128.

You should consider to update to newer AOS , and then u will be able to install more LICS in order to support more RAP deployments.

Please read more info here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Aruba-licensing-change/td-p/19956

• 3.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Posted May 01, 2014 07:01 AM

thanks for this info, could you please tell me what is the next version above 3.3 that I can use ?

I mean start from which version I can add more than 128 license

Regards

• 4.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Posted May 01, 2014 10:44 AM
    You'll need to first to move to 5.x and then to 6.x from there. 6.3.1.6 is the latest general availability but I don't believe you can directly upgrade there from 3.3 (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

• 5.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Posted May 01, 2014 11:44 AM

I know there is a path for upgrade from 3.3 to 6.x , but I don't know it I read few releases notes from internet if possible someone provide us with the path to try 

Aruba support in my area not okay, there are too much delay that is why the community better 

Regards

• 6.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2014 11:50 AM
      |   view attached

fouadae,

If you have 3.3.x, you need to first upgrade to the latest 3.4.x, and then the latest 5.0.4.x and then you can go to the latest 6.3.x:

"Upgrading From an Older version of ArubaOS

Before you begin, verify the version of ArubaOS currently running on your controller. If you are running one of the following versions of ArubaOS, you must download and upgrade to an interim version of ArubaOS before upgrading to ArubaOS 6.3.

•   For ArubaOS 3.x.versions earlier than ArubaOS 3.4.4.1, download the latest version of ArubaOS 3.4.5.x.

•   For ArubaOS RN-3.x or ArubaOS 5.0.x versions earlier than ArubaOS 5.0.3.1, download the latest version of ArubaOS 5.0.4.x.

•   For ArubaOS versions 6.0.0.0 or 6.0.0.1, download the latest version of ArubaOS 6.0.1.x. "

Unfortunately, in 6.3.x the platform limit for the 3600 is still 128 APs, whether it is campus APs or RAPs.

Attachment(s)

• 7.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Posted May 01, 2014 12:26 PM

thanks a lot really i appreciate your help 

this is really upset limiting to 128 AP !! I have more than 128 AP and now I need to find a solution 

Regards

• 8.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Posted May 01, 2014 10:12 PM

anyone confirm any version can accept more than 128 ?

Regards

• 9.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2014 12:25 AM
    6.x code will support up to 512 access points.

• 10.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2014 03:24 AM

@cjoseph wrote:

Unfortunately, in 6.3.x the platform limit for the 3600 is still 128 APs, whether it is campus APs or RAPs.

But in the 6.3 User Guide it says 512.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/License_Usage.htm

• 11.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Posted Aug 21, 2014 11:05 AM

any got any actual first hand info on this? are you running 512 AP on 3600 please report back.

• 12.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2014 12:06 PM

yes.  I have had discussions with a potential customer who is doing this.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but they have a purely RAP environment with about 1000 APs spread across 4 x 3600 controllers.

• 13.  RE: The limit for Access Points has been constrained to the platform limit

Posted Aug 21, 2014 01:09 PM

hmmm, interesting, would be nice if this gets updated across the board on documentation then. the 3000s serie data sheet still give different numbers.