Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Tracking Authenticated Changes

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Tracking Authenticated Changes

Posted Mar 05, 2013 05:12 PM

I am an underqualified manager of a small charter school network. I have been able to get our Dell Branded Aruba w-620 up and functioning using radius authentication thanks to the help I have received from this forum. 

Things have been working great, but today I came in and one of our broadcasting WLANs was completely gone. 

I have two WLANs setup, one using radius authentication for teachers/byod, and one with a WPA2 PSK for the mobile labs and other devices that I need to pre-configure en-masse. 

The PSK network wasn't broadcasting, so I power cycled the controller, and it still didnt show up, but the Radius Network was there.

I logged into my controller, and there was no sign of a second WLAN.

We are not hack proof, and there are a lot of areas that our security could be improved, but I am just not sure if this was a tech-savvy student with a PS2 keylogger that got bored and deleted one of my WLANs or if the Aruba Controller can just forget something like this... 

Is there a log that I can call on to view authenticated changes? something that would show that someone actually hit the delete key?

Any Ideas?

much thanks

• 2.  RE: Tracking Authenticated Changes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2013 05:28 PM

The "show audit-trail" command will show you who made changes, BUT it does not survive a reboot...

• 3.  RE: Tracking Authenticated Changes

Posted Mar 05, 2013 05:39 PM

**bleep**. that thought crossed my mind after I had pulled the plug....

Thanks for the reply.

Its obvious that these controllers are designed not to bug-out in this manner, but has it ever been reported that a controller will just drop the configuration of one of its WLANs? Have you ever heard of that happening?

• 4.  RE: Tracking Authenticated Changes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2013 06:02 PM

Possible, yes.  Likely?  No.  I have never seen it...

• 5.  RE: Tracking Authenticated Changes

Posted Mar 05, 2013 06:41 PM

Hi

Do you by any chance have Airwave running as well. I have seen this issue occur if airwave has been configured to auto repair configurations and it does not have the right config imported into airwave.

Thanks