Wireless Access

Contributor I

Tracking Authenticated Changes

[ Edited ]

I am an underqualified manager of a small charter school network. I have been able to get our Dell Branded Aruba w-620 up and functioning using radius authentication thanks to the help I have received from this forum. 

Things have been working great, but today I came in and one of our broadcasting WLANs was completely gone. 

I have two WLANs setup, one using radius authentication for teachers/byod, and one with a WPA2 PSK for the mobile labs and other devices that I need to pre-configure en-masse. 

The PSK network wasn't broadcasting, so I power cycled the controller, and it still didnt show up, but the Radius Network was there.

I logged into my controller, and there was no sign of a second WLAN.

We are not hack proof, and there are a lot of areas that our security could be improved, but I am just not sure if this was a tech-savvy student with a PS2 keylogger that got bored and deleted one of my WLANs or if the Aruba Controller can just forget something like this... 

Is there a log that I can call on to view authenticated changes? something that would show that someone actually hit the delete key?

Any Ideas?

much thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Tracking Authenticated Changes

The "show audit-trail" command will show you who made changes, BUT it does not survive a reboot...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

**bleep**. that thought crossed my mind after I had pulled the plug....

Thanks for the reply.

Its obvious that these controllers are designed not to bug-out in this manner, but has it ever been reported that a controller will just drop the configuration of one of its WLANs? Have you ever heard of that happening?

Guru Elite

Possible, yes.  Likely?  No.  I have never seen it...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Hi

Do you by any chance have Airwave running as well. I have seen this issue occur if airwave has been configured to auto repair configurations and it does not have the right config imported into airwave.

Thanks

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: