Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Traditional Active-Standby Redundancy with ArubaOS 8.1

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Traditional Active-Standby Redundancy with ArubaOS 8.1

Posted May 30, 2017 07:44 AM

Hi!

I have a new customer which is implementing 2x7240 controllers with ArubaOS 6.5 code and redundancy via VRRP.

If I install AOS 8.1 can I also use redundancy just like in AOS 6.5? Is there same installation procedure? Something to think on?

I tried to find some information here but most of it acctually pointing on Mobility Master and that is no option here right now, maybe later.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Traditional Active-Standby Redundancy with ArubaOS 8.1

Posted May 30, 2017 08:55 AM
    Yes

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: Traditional Active-Standby Redundancy with ArubaOS 8.1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2017 01:53 PM

If you don't use a Mobility Master, then you can run in master controller mode with 2 controllers however, AP termination is NOT supported on the master in 8.x. I would recommend deploying a VM or HW based mobility master. 

• 4.  RE: Traditional Active-Standby Redundancy with ArubaOS 8.1

Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:38 PM

@SethFiermonti wrote:

If you don't use a Mobility Master, then you can run in master controller mode with 2 controllers however, AP termination is NOT supported on the master in 8.x. I would recommend deploying a VM or HW based mobility master. 

Hi guys

I have a customer with an environment like that and now they will buy a virtual controller but all concepts for me are a little bit confused.

Today the customer has 2 controllers 7030 (active/stand-by) with 53 AP 115. Now they are buying another 48 AP 205, so these controller aren't able to handle with these new AP because it has AP limitation (64). Now to upgrade and support all AP they will buy a VMC. To create the same topology I will need to deploy a Mobility Master and two VMC ? or deploy two MM ? They will sell the controller 7030.

Tks

Luiz