Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Triggering on Authmgr process on a controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Triggering on Authmgr process on a controller

Posted May 30, 2013 08:26 AM

We are running AOS 6.2.1.0 and have been seeing the Authmgr process crash from time to time, there is a fix in release 6.2.1.1

The reason for the post is if I wanted to catch the crash in an Airwave trigger.

Would setting a trap to fire to the following, trigger me when the Authmgr process fails...

capture.PNG

Running 7.6.3

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Triggering on Authmgr process on a controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2013 02:04 PM

The proposed trigger would fire anytime an authentication fails, which on it's own doesn't specifically correlate to the Authmgr process crashing.  Using the trigger is probably the best way available at this time, but you're probably going to be focused for a specific situation where say all auth requests fail in a high concentration requiring a threshold option for number of failed entries / minute (that'd be a good AirWave feature request to file).  If you use the trigger, be prepared to get blasted with a large number of events since auth failures don't alway correlate specifically with Authmgr issues, there might also be network latency or client device issues that would cause the trigger to fire.  Additionally, an AOS feature request should be made to get additional visibility of the process and possibly a new SNMP string that would correlate to the Authmgr's status.

• 3.  RE: Triggering on Authmgr process on a controller

Posted Jun 14, 2013 08:59 AM

I was definitely blasted Rob. I agree that a feature request should be filed, I'll do that.

Thanks man.