Wireless Access

MVP

Triggering on Authmgr process on a controller

We are running AOS 6.2.1.0 and have been seeing the Authmgr process crash from time to time, there is a fix in release 6.2.1.1

The reason for the post is if I wanted to catch the crash in an Airwave trigger.

Would setting a trap to fire to the following, trigger me when the Authmgr process fails...

capture.PNG

Running 7.6.3

Any ideas?

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

Re: Triggering on Authmgr process on a controller

The proposed trigger would fire anytime an authentication fails, which on it's own doesn't specifically correlate to the Authmgr process crashing.  Using the trigger is probably the best way available at this time, but you're probably going to be focused for a specific situation where say all auth requests fail in a high concentration requiring a threshold option for number of failed entries / minute (that'd be a good AirWave feature request to file).  If you use the trigger, be prepared to get blasted with a large number of events since auth failures don't alway correlate specifically with Authmgr issues, there might also be network latency or client device issues that would cause the trigger to fire.  Additionally, an AOS feature request should be made to get additional visibility of the process and possibly a new SNMP string that would correlate to the Authmgr's status.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
MVP

Re: Triggering on Authmgr process on a controller

I was definitely blasted Rob. I agree that a feature request should be filed, I'll do that.

Thanks man.

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: