Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Triggers for clients connected to an AP and a report question

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Triggers for clients connected to an AP and a report question

Posted Jul 09, 2013 09:34 PM

Is there a way to create a trigger in which it willl send you an email notification if there are more than 30 users on one radio or something like this???

Is there a way to create a report in which it will tell you how many tickets were given or at least how many users were using the guest network on one month???

I bealive i can do this kind of report if i had Clearpass Guest... but let suppose i dont have and i just got the controller an a airwave

Thanks

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Triggers for clients connected to an AP and a report question
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2013 05:20 AM

Yeah, it is the 'client count' trigger.  It alert when the user count for the AP goes above the threshold.

I think you can set it to alert for client count on a bssid as well, but generally I find the total clients on the AP itself is normally sufficient.

• 3.  RE: Triggers for clients connected to an AP and a report question
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2013 12:11 PM

I agree with Michael on the triggers.

For reports in AirWave, you should start with the Client Session report.  That report, filtered on your guest roles and/or SSIDs, will give you a lot of information about your guest users.  

• 4.  RE: Triggers for clients connected to an AP and a report question

Posted Jul 14, 2013 01:13 PM

Thanks!!!

But i dont remenber looking at that  on airwave 7.6.4 the client count... i saw it on airwave 7.7.1...

I ll have to check the airwave i leave the client which got 7.6.4 maybe i just missed it... but anyways thanks! alot!