Wireless Access

MVP

Triggers for clients connected to an AP and a report question

Is there a way to create a trigger in which it willl send you an email notification if there are more than 30 users on one radio or something like this???

Is there a way to create a report in which it will tell you how many tickets were given or at least how many users were using the guest network on one month???

I bealive i can do this kind of report if i had Clearpass Guest... but let suppose i dont have and i just got the controller an a airwave

Thanks

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Highlighted
Aruba

Re: Triggers for clients connected to an AP and a report question

Yeah, it is the 'client count' trigger.  It alert when the user count for the AP goes above the threshold.

I think you can set it to alert for client count on a bssid as well, but generally I find the total clients on the AP itself is normally sufficient.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Aruba

I agree with Michael on the triggers.

For reports in AirWave, you should start with the Client Session report.  That report, filtered on your guest roles and/or SSIDs, will give you a lot of information about your guest users.  

MVP

Thanks!!!

But i dont remenber looking at that  on airwave 7.6.4 the client count... i saw it on airwave 7.7.1...

I ll have to check the airwave i leave the client which got 7.6.4 maybe i just missed it... but anyways thanks! alot!

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: