Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Trouble With RAP's after 6.3 Update

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Trouble With RAP's after 6.3 Update

Posted May 16, 2014 12:27 PM

We just updted our 3200 controller to 6.3. We had 8 RAP 2's. Only one of them still works. The others have a blinking status light. The controller shows them as online but I cant do anything to configure them. We are also trying to add 3 RAP 3's. They appear to connect to the controller but they dont pass on the network. I have walked them through the wizard to set them up but nothing changes.

• 2.  RE: Trouble With RAP's after 6.3 Update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2014 12:53 PM

We need to understand where this is failing.  What version of code did you upgrade from and To?

• 3.  RE: Trouble With RAP's after 6.3 Update

Posted May 16, 2014 03:14 PM

The RAP 2's are working. I guess I wasnt being patient enough in letting them update to the new firmware. I am still having an issue with the RAP 3's. I have tried to walk through the wizard again and it reboots like it is getting the config from the controller. When it boots back up it connects to the controller but it still doesnt broadcast wifi or work through the E1 or E2 ports.

• 4.  RE: Trouble With RAP's after 6.3 Update

Posted May 18, 2014 11:23 AM

I have resolved this issue.

• 5.  RE: Trouble With RAP's after 6.3 Update

Posted May 18, 2014 12:21 PM

How did you get the RAP3's to work?

• 6.  RE: Trouble With RAP's after 6.3 Update

Posted Jul 10, 2014 03:16 PM

I would also like to know how this was resolved.  I recently upgraded a 650 from 6.1. to 6.3.1.6, and am unable to convert RAP3WNP's up to it.   Sits at  the downloading controller information screen for 15+ minutes before it looks like it gives up and reboots.  After a 2nd attempt on the 2nd RAP3WNP it failed, and on the RAP3 it said "Retrieve image failed, please save the log in the popup window."

Tried this on multiple RAP3's without sucess.  RAP2's and RAP5's that were already configured  in 6.1 are all working fine.

Already have a TAC case, will post back when my issue is resolved.

• 7.  RE: Trouble With RAP's after 6.3 Update

Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:08 AM

Issue was that the RAP3 running  6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0 would not convert to a controller running 6.3.x .  TAC recommended downgrading from 6.3.1.6 to 6.3.1.2, which did not change anything.  It wasn't till I downgraded the RAP3 to 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.6 and then tried converting the RAP3, did it convert sucessfully.  Not sure about other versions of Instant code though I know to stay away from 6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0 for converting.