Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Troubleshooting Tips for ArubaOS 8 Cluster Client Connectivity

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Troubleshooting Tips for ArubaOS 8 Cluster Client Connectivity

Posted Sep 21, 2018 03:23 PM

With the introduction of ArubaOS clustering, I was curious if anyone had any tips/thoughts on how they've had to alter their mental process on troubleshooting client connectivity issue. As in the sense a client connects to an AP (but their traffic terminates to a completely different controller). In past cases I would check the "Uptime of the BSSID" - and check for variations - which would lead to a failing optic that a small percentage of APs on the network happened to build their tunnel over. I know with HA, it was warned that this adds complexitity to the process. Sure was right on that. :-) 

"You must unlearn what you have learned" almost came to mind. :-)

• 2.  RE: Troubleshooting Tips for ArubaOS 8 Cluster Client Connectivity
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 03:28 PM
    show global-user-table list

Run that command on the MM and it will tell you the "switch" or controller that a user's traffic is terminated on, as well as the access point the user is on.  Dashboard> Clients on the MM GUI also tells you this information.

EDIT:

Even if the user roams from access point to access point, the controller that it sends its traffic out of, will not change.

• 3.  RE: Troubleshooting Tips for ArubaOS 8 Cluster Client Connectivity

Posted Sep 21, 2018 03:39 PM

Ah, I like that command a lot! :-) Thank you. I added the "active/standby" columns in the WebUI awhile back, but much quicker with lookups in the CLI. Also enjoying the seamless-login a lot to.