09-22-2014 11:35 AM
During our peak usage we are seeing slow to intermittent connectivity to a single site.
Speedtests show good connectivity and testing streaming / site access to other sites seems fine.
However, the issue is only occuring at this location during peak usage.
Any suggestions on how to identify the issue and then resolve?
We are running IAP225 w/ VC v22.214.171.124 with Airwave.
09-27-2014 04:08 AM
how do you determine that peak usage? is the network path from wireless different then wired? have you done network traces from the browser (firebug like tools) to see if load time are really slower?
09-27-2014 04:15 AM
Change building or os and it is good. Will load firebug on Monday. Each building is its own iap vc.
10-01-2014 11:07 AM
Testing with Firebug During Peak times vs Non Peak Times shows high amounts of time with the connection/requests in Blocking. Where as this is not the case during off hours or weekends.
Request Timing Fields
Part of the HTTP log is also a timing info about network request executions. Here is a description of individual request/response phases:
- Blocking - Time spent in a queue waiting for a network connection.
- DNS Lookup - DNS resolution time. The time required to resolve a host name.
- Connecting - Time required to create TCP connection.
- Sending - Time required to send HTTP request to the server.
- Waiting - Waiting for a response from the server.
- Receiving - Time required to read entire response from the server (or cache).